Friday, April 10, 2009

Internet Defamation $11.3M Jury Verdict For Damages Proceeds to the Collections

Free Speech will not condone defamation - and once a judgment is filed (and as in my case, domesticated) moving forward to collections is the next step. A jury awarded me over $11M in damages ($5M of it is for punitive damages) which is not dischargeable in bankruptcy count.As you have read in my previous posts, we are now in this process and I will keep you posted on the details.

The defendant will be held accountable - after both being denied to have the judgment set aside, the defendant is now facing wage garnishment, possibly personal or involuntary bankruptcy and others means of collections.

To learn more about this case, you can pre-order my new book - Google Bomb - now available for pre-order on Amazon. I believe my case is the beginning of many more - my advice, think twice before you post!